Re: Missing files japanese/international/l10n/{po,templates}/tmpl.src

Hi,

At Mon, 5 Aug 2002 00:33:13 -0400,
James A. Treacy <treacy@debian.org> wrote:

> It is very difficult to debug this when I can't even tell what character
> set the pages are in, let alone read the text.

I researched webwml/japanese directory and found that japanese/Make.lang
has the following line:

    WMLEPILOG = --epilog="$(WMLBASE)/convert $(@F)"

and there exists japanese/convert script with the following contents:

    #!/bin/sh
    /usr/bin/kcc -kBB $2 > $1

This converts Japanese files (either of EUC-JP, Shift_JIS, and ISO-2022-JP,
automatically detected) into ISO-2022-JP.

Thus, I think this process is not applied to {po,templates}/tmpl.src
(tmpl.$(LANGUAGE).tmpl, strictly speaking) files because of some unknown
reason.

We have to find some way that japanese/convert or kcc is applied
to tmpl.$(LANGUAGE).tmpl files.

Do you have any idea?

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>