Re: Translators: translated files on f.d.o/debian/doc/

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 12:15:49AM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> > > The Bugs/server-* pages and the constitution are also definitely not
> > > something people should put priority on.
> >
> > Okay I'll remove these pages, unless Javier disagree.
>
> 	I do disagree. The constitution is important, as is our social
> contract. Even if people do not translate it leave the english one.

The Constitution defines the formal inner workings of the project, it has
little or no relation to the normal users. The Social Contract, on the other
hand, has much more relevance for the users, and it is not that formal
either.

> 	Regarding Bugs/server-* these maybe should be moved to the
> development/  section I was  working on (remember: project+FAQ, manuals
> and developer's docs :) I would remove them too from CD#1 (but keep
> other Bug pages...)

They are indeed inappropriate because normal users would hardly need them --
if you're going to file a bug, you need help to find out how. But if you're
going about reassigning, retitling or tagging a bug, you're not a random
normal user anymore and it's quite reasonable to expect you'll be able to
find the BTS web pages for a reference.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.