Re: Debian jigdo mini-HOWTO

Quoth Richard:
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 10:23:49AM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > There should be one, working link. I think we should just change the URL to
> > use tldp.org, on whose availability we already depend for other pages.
>
> OK, changed. I preferred the dirac.org link because the HOWTO
> translations are easily accessible, but if the site is down...
>
>   Richard

Does the LDP not carry translations provided by the upstream source?

And I do not see what is wrong with providing a backup link to a
document.  I mean, on that very same page, links are provided to Jigdo
files on a "USA mirror" and "European mirror".  Really, joy, I think
that refutes your own argument: there are two links to Jigdo sources so
that visitors can choose which source they wish to use, and have an
alternative if their first choice is unavailable (server down, machine
room on fire, ISP routing issues, etc).  Do you disagree on this?  If
so, then there are dozens of mirrors of the Debian web site for what
particular reason?  =)

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@shugg.net>                     http://shugg.net/andrew/

"I don't want to go to heaven with a headache, I'd be all cross and wouldn't
enjoy it!"  (Arthur Dent, HHGTTG.  RIP Douglas Adams.)