PROBLEM GETTING ACCESS TO PACKAGE DEVELOPMENT TOOL LIST

Greetings!
I'm a blind person.  I presently use Windows 2000, with JAWS (produced by a
company called Freedom Scientific), as my "screen reader" to give me in
speech output what's on the screen.  My love of Windows and the variable
access to the programs that run under it is such that I intend to get a
Linux box.  My present notion is to use Debian.

I have had no trouble checking out your site until late last week.  From
WWW.DEBIAN.ORG, I followed the Packages link, then the link for viewing
stable packages.  When I tried then to follow the link for the development
tools that come in what I presume to be the latest package, my speech died.
This happened four times, and I think only once was I able to avoid a cold
reboot.  (The speech didn't just die there, but wiped out wholesale.)

Because I hoped this might result from my set-up here on the job, I tried
again from home over the weekend.  My speech output died again, so dead it
made Whitey Bulger's many victims seem alive and in ecstasy.

I'll be very grateful if you can tell me what might cause  that link in
particular to give my speech output the death penalty.  I don't know whether
your site has any other links that might do the same, but as I said, I've
found none so far.  Thank you for whatever information and suggestions you
may have for dealing with this.

Al Sten-Clanton