Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 11:47:52AM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > But I use the website.  Here's a questions.  Go to eh redhat site and
> > see if you can figure out where to get a complete RedHat CD downloaded
> > from the net?
>
>  Uhm, should that have been a statement pro or contra to our page?  I
> found it quite easy:
>
>  -) Download link in the top row, righthand side.
>  -) "How to Download Red Hat Linux 8.0"
>  -) "Download the files you need"
>  -) --> Downloading the ISO Images
>
>  Or am I thinking too straight?

Heh. Last time I tried it wasn't too hard, this is pretty easy.

* "Getting Debian" near the beginning of the top row
* "make a CD set yourself" in the middle
* "Fetch full CD images"
* Official CD images of the "stable" release - see below

So now we're even at least as far as those links are concerned.

The last item, OTOH, still needs work both at redhat.com and debian.org.
They have a single link to ftp://ftp.redhat.com/ and we have a bunch of
links elsewhere; both of these approaches, even without implementation bugs,
have inherent problems.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.