Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 03:58:51PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

> and behind netbsd in the sory state of our cdrom mirror network.

I'm with Joey on this; last time I tried to find Debian .iso images, it
was a nightmare. In fact I couldn't find an official woody iso anywhere.

As he also said, many of the mirrors are hopelessly out-of-date.

Joy (or any of the rest of the www team) - where do you get the data
to put into the mirror pages on www.d.o?

I'd suggest that a simple method for mirror admins to let us know what they
plan to mirror, and for us to test its availability on a regular basis,
would be a good idea.

(In fact I might even "just do it").

Cheers,

Nick
--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.