Re: problem finding "free" os download

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 08:17:09AM -0800, carolyn hunter wrote:
> I've spent one and one half hours scouring your web pages, looking to
> download your so called free OS.
> I'm 64 years old and don't have that time to spend on futile searches.

Click "Getting Debian"
Click "mirrors" link
Click "CD images download page" link
Click "Download CD images using HTTP or FTP" link (or the http_ftp
Note: you can get this far by going to google and typing
"debian cd download", chose link #2
Choose a site, for me I'd choose ftp.au.debian.org because its close to
Click "3.0rev0" link
Click "i386" link
Download the ISO images.

Sure is, http://www.debian.org/intro/free

> and if it is....where can i download it?
See amove

> I've been all over the map...trying to get a download site that has it but
> all i seem to get back to is the click and add to an already existing linux
> os( previous loaded on a Wal-Mart computer.
Did you go to the site map? "getting Debian" section has a link that
says "Downloading Debian CD images via HTTP/FTP"

> I'd like to try your os on my aged computer, 1998, but can't find a plain
> old, simple, free trial sample download, for a dial up account, with a
> current windows os.although i seem to find it, and when i read the fine
> print, it's for a computer that's PRE_LOADED already, from Wal-Mart, etc.
For a dial-up account, I'd strongly recommend you use one of the CD
vendors which are found at http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors as you'll
find it at lot easier.  I just checked one vendor and they sold the
entire 7 CD set for 21.75 US dollars.

  - Craig
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/                <csmall@enc.com.au>
MIEEE <csmall@ieee.org>                 Debian developer <csmall@debian.org>