® (was: Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by joey: webwml/english/News/weekly/2002/45 index.wml)

E.L. Willighagen:

> I agree that the use of ® is non-marketspeak is annoying... but IMHO
> the website is a bit more than that... it may be considered
> advertizement, or at least official documentation...
         ^s

If it was any of the documentation or "marketing" pages, I would agree,
but DWN is a newsletter, and as such I don't agree that ® signs should
be added. And since we normally do not write ®s, adding one would set a
bad precendent considering the number of trademarked names mentioned in
DWN.

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/