Re: Using the new iso-codes package to get translation of country and language names

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 05:04:14PM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> [I'm not on the list, please CC me]
[...]
> I think that once we make sure this package is installed on the right machine,
>
> cat webwml/english/templates/language_names.wml | \
>  sed 's/<gettext domain="langs">/<gettext domain="iso-639">/' > \
>  webwml/english/templates/language_names.wml
>
> should do the trick ;)
>
> Denis, could you confirm, please (I'm not sure about where wml-gettext
> search for translation, and if mo files in /usr/share/locale/ are available
> or not).

No idea, but we can replace .../locale/<xx>/LC_MESSAGES/langs.mo by
symlinks to iso-codes files and test how it works.  But first someone
has to make sure that we do not lose some translations when using this
package ;)

Denis