Re: Using the new iso-codes package to get translation of country and language names

[I'm not on the list, please CC me]

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 02:57:15PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 09:24:47AM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > a new package called iso-codes came into debian lastly, and it gives the
> > translation of country and language names. For the debian web pages, we use
> > <lang>/po/{langs,countries}.<lang-code>.po
> >
> > What about moving to this package (once enhanced to contain all the
> > translations we need) ?
> >
> > Should I open a bug about this ?
>
> Not another jfs-like bug... :)
>
> If it's a good idea, implement it, and then we'll talk about it. The current
> system works just as well.

I think that once we make sure this package is installed on the right machine,

cat webwml/english/templates/language_names.wml | \
 sed 's/<gettext domain="langs">/<gettext domain="iso-639">/' > \
 webwml/english/templates/language_names.wml

should do the trick ;)

Denis, could you confirm, please (I'm not sure about where wml-gettext
search for translation, and if mo files in /usr/share/locale/ are available
or not).

Thanks, Mt.

--
Nos péchés sont têtus, nos repentirs sont lâches
          --- Ch.Baudelaire, Les fleurs du mal