Re: Debian Reference

(CC: to Debian Webmasters and DEBID, hopefully you don't mind).

Osamu Aoki wrote:

>>>  BTW, if you have critique suggestion on the content of the document,
>>>  please let me know by personal mail or as a bug to the package.

>>   My concern is about 'visibility'; i.e. it not so obvious that
>>   "Debian Reference" exists; as well as it is a very useful resource.
>    [...]
>    It is only 3 clicks
>    Documentation -> Debian Reference -> Choices of formats -> document

Well, my URL above is ONE click and NO scroll away -- whereas yours are many
clicks and many scrolls ways. How would you expect someone hits that
**VERY IMPORTANT** and **VERY USEFUL** reference page if it is so hidden ;-(?

>> In regard of Debian Reference itself, the example/ directory is
>> not so visible.
>  Well in convention (Chapter 1, I have link there.)

And it is expected that a clueless novice reads the "convention" section at the
first time? I --myself-- did not realize the existence of that examples/
directory until you mentioned it in the "debian-user" list sometimes ago.

>> Suggestion: ADD a large red "EXAMPLE" button at the front/table of contents
>> page.
>  Debiandoc-sgml does not have button :-(
>  Let me think....

How about to put a bold font "example" section in the abstract section?

regards,

PS:

- dear webmasters: I would like to suggest a new "HELP/NOVICE" page with
  a RED BOTTON link at the page headers.

--
Rahmat M.  Samik-Ibrahim -- vLSM.org  -- http://rms46.vLSM.org --
One Debian GNU/Linux,with glibc,and justice for all - Pledge of A