Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by alfie: webwml/german CD/Makefile CD/artwork/Makefile ...

* Pierre Machard <pmachard@tuxfamily.org> [2002-10-30 12:48]:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 04:15:53AM -0700, Debian WWW CVS wrote:
>> Modified files:
>> 	german/CD      : Makefile
>> 	german/CD/artwork: Makefile
> [...]
>>
>> Log message:
>> 	Changed them all to sync instead of copy -- once and forever!
>
> Shouldn't we do the same for every language ?

 Might make sense, but I don't like to force it on them, I rather like
the translation-coordinators decide that.

 If you like to know about a fast way to do so, take a look at what
Denis Barbier suggested in MID:<20020711212659.GB19832@zobe.linuxfr.org>:
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2002/debian-www-200207/msg00120.html>

 $> cd $YOURLANGUAGEROOT
 $> find . -name Makefile -exec \
    echo 'include $(subst webwml/$YOURLANGUAGE,webwml/english,$(CURDIR))/Makefile' \
    > {} \;
 $> cvs ci -m"Switched to sync instead of copy, don't like the work anymore"

 You have to substitute $YOURLANGUAGE with your language directory in
that, of course, and $YOURLANGUAGEROOT with the root directory for your
language.

 Well, that's it.  Not that much work, but I don't like to force it on
the translators (though I personally don't see any sense to use the
not-synced version).

 Have fun,
Alfie
--
linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
(ksh@cis.ufl.edu put this on Tshirts in '93)