Software patents campaign, shouldn't we say something in debian.org?

Hi

I was just wondering why don't we say something in debian.org website
about software patentes. After all software patents are a big threat to
the whole debian project. In EU we are trying to stop the software
patent directive. There are various projects such as:

http://proinnova.hispalinux.es/   from the spanish LUG
http://petition.eurolinux.org/    a signed petition from EU citizens to
try to stop the new directive.

Maybe a big fat banner like the one in the url below would help to let
those that visit the site that software patents can be negative for Free
Software development.

http://www.eurielec.etsit.upm.es/~rinzewind/pruebas/banners.php

Regards.
--