Re: CVS segfaulting...

Josip Rodin said:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 12:07:31PM +0200, David Martinez Moreno wrote:
> > 	Hello. It seems that some file is making cvs to segfault. My first bet
> > is that some pics in hungarian/ dir has been uploaded wrongly:
>
> Actually, we have a whole bunch of pictures in all of the directories that
> don't have the binary tag (-kb). At the time, I thought CVS would add it
> automatically, but it didn't...

You can amend this by modifying $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/cvswrappers and
committing it back to the repository.  For example, I have configured a
local CVS repository with:

  ## Image files
  *.gif -k 'b'
  *.jpg -k 'b'
  *.png -k 'b'
  *.xcf -k 'b'
  ## Archive files
  *.gz -k 'b'
  *.bz2 -k 'b'
  *.tar -k 'b'
  *.zip -k 'b'
  *.arj -k 'b'
  *.bin -k 'b'
  *.hqx -k 'b'
  ## Other binary files
  *.exe -k 'b'
  *.doc -k 'b'
  *.xls -k 'b'
  *.pdf -k 'b'

This wouldn't fix any files that had already been corrupted, though.
Such files would need to be uploaded to the repository again (with -kb).

I'm not sure why the Debian CVS packages don't ship with any of this
stuff configured, by default or as a debconf option: something to take
up with tfheen@ at some time I suppose.  =)

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."