Re: IPv6 web mirror

> First of all, please mail mirrors@d.o to verify with Ryan that this mirror
> is a valid thing. I don't know if he's aware of this idea of yours, and he's
> the -admin rep at mirrors@ so he gets to decide.

That mail has been sent; I'll await a reply.

> If the answer is positive, we should set you up with a separate rsync
> account to alleviate the security concerns and be able to use pushing.

I assume this is the same process used by the other official web
mirrors?

> How do you think we should reference this mirror in the mirror lists?
> I'm mainly concerned about the small dropdown list at the top of every page.
> Using "United States (IPv6)" comes to my mind as the obvious option, but
> that sounds like it would be a bit too long.

"United States (IPv6)" sounds like the right thing.  If that doesn't
work due to length constraints, "6bone (IPv6)" might work, especially
since the current state of IPv6 routing makes geographical proximity
even less relevant than it is in IPv4.  It's not that uncommon to see
IPv6 sites whose only connectivity is via a tunnel to a site on the
other side of the planet.

noah