Re: IPv6 web mirror

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 06:37:52PM -0400, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
> With that in mind, I'd like to see about getting my IPv6 mirror made
> "official", with a www.ipv6.debian.org AAAA record in the DNS.  The
> server is currently running a (manually rsynced) mirror of the web site,
> which is available over IPv6 at http://debian-www.ipv6.lcs.mit.edu/

First of all, please mail mirrors@d.o to verify with Ryan that this mirror
is a valid thing. I don't know if he's aware of this idea of yours, and he's
the -admin rep at mirrors@ so he gets to decide.

If the answer is positive, we should set you up with a separate rsync
account to alleviate the security concerns and be able to use pushing.

How do you think we should reference this mirror in the mirror lists?
I'm mainly concerned about the small dropdown list at the top of every page.
Using "United States (IPv6)" comes to my mind as the obvious option, but
that sounds like it would be a bit too long.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.