Re: translating dates and times on Debian web pages

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 02:59:14PM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:
> Okay, that should be possible to handle using an exception (like the English
> exception, which does the whole 1st 2nd 3rd bit). Is this only for the
> "spokendate" format, or also for the "newsdate"?

As newsdate is just a bunch of numbers, it doesn't need it.

> I could implement it, but I need you to tell me which letters are considered
> vowels first, that vary somewhat from language to language (Swedish has
> nine).

Ok. When using "de", contraction should be done for vowels: a, e, i, o,
u, accented vowels: á, à, é, è, í, ò, ó, ú; ï, ü.

For month names, it applies to "abril" -> "d'abril", agost -> "d'agost",
"octubre" -> "d'octubre".

Thanks peter!
Jordi, who only took 4 months to write this. :)
--
Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || jordi@sindominio.net      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E