Checking whether CD mirrors are up to date

[X-posted to -www]

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 03:44:14PM +0200, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Sergio Restrepo wrote:
> > The topic may very well hold true, but here goes my question:
> > I have browsed thru practically all of the links in:
> > http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/
> > And I am yet to find the iso images for 3.0
> > It would be great if you could clarufy that for me or just plain call me
> > stupid.
>
> The problem is that most of them does not have the 3.0 images, in
> favour of the jigdo distribution method.
>
> I would suggest that the mirrors having 3.0 images will be flagged
> as such in the mirror listing.

That would indeed be very useful!

ISTR Josip saying some months ago that somewhere, code already exists
to automate checking for the CD image versions on mirrors. Is that the
case? Would it be possible to build it into /CD/http-ftp/?

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _