Re: more than <packages_in_stable> packages?

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 10:30:14PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> index.wml says:

> > <packages_in_stable> <A HREF="distrib/packages">packages</A>, precompiled
> > software bundled up in a nice format for easy installation on your machine.
>
> Why more than <packages_in_stable> packages are available?
> I think <packages_in_stable> shows the exact number of packages,
> not less than the number.

The number was rounded down to the nearest ten so it isn't exact (8712
was what was decided on #debian-devel). The number of packages can
change by a handful with new revisions so exact numbers are never
accurate for long.

Also, our policy has been to include only main, contrib, non-us/main
and non-us/contrib in that number. Debian has other packages
(non-free) that we don't want to include in that number. By using
'more than' we can use the number of package from the above without
ignoring that there are packages in non-free.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org