HTTP mirror link is hard to locate on www.debian.org

Hi,

Call mer stupid but I can not easily locate the most important web link
in several key pages in http://www.debian.org.  Most important link, I
mean, is to:

  http://ftp.debian.org/debian/README.mirrors.html

This page is known to many who set up /etc/apt/sources.list but it is
not obvious to the new comers.  I am wondering if this is intentional?

Here is my observation along this line...

Instead, I can find FTP link page easily.  There is a direct link from
the front page:
  http://www.debian.org/distrib/ftplist

This page still sort of encourage people to download full CD image if
they do not know much about how Debian works (Most ex-RH folks).  They
will surely pound on server for no reason after woody release for sure.

I think direct link from front page to above URL should be replaced by
the title "Network install" linked to:
  http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst

And this page should mention both
  http://ftp.debian.org/debian/README.mirrors.html (HTTP) and
  http://www.debian.org/distrib/ftplist            (FTP)

as the source list of archives and methods to reach them.  Also,

  http://www.debian.org/distrib/floppyinst

currently points to FTP site only but this should mention HTTP too.

HTTP sometimes have advantage to go through some firewall easily :)

Regards,

Osamu
 Osamu Aoki @ Cupertino CA USA
 See "User's Guide":     http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/users-guide/
 See "Debian reference": http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/
 "Debian reference" Project at: http://qref.sf.net

 I welcome your constructive criticisms and corrections.