Re: Trouble with the archives

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 11:27:41PM -0800, J Pryne wrote:
> I'm searchging for all messages in a particular thread I started in June of
> last year:
>
> The archive turns up nothing on either the words in the subject or my
> family name. This seems odd to me; am I overlooking something?
>
> This thread generated a vast amount of interest and I wanted to pursue it
> further but was overcome with professional obligations. As I have more time
> now, I'd like to dig up all the ideas that thread generated and resume
> development of the idea. Could you please inform me of any means of
> retrieving all messages akin to the following header:
>
> "Jack Pryne" <jianju@hotmail.com>, debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject :    Re: An *idea* that *might* put Debian on top (?)
> Date :    Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:01:38 -0500

Hmm. I just tried it: I typed "put Debian on top" in the search box,
selected "user" in the list box, selected these quarters:
[X] Jul to Sep 2001
[X] Apr to Jun 2001

and the search engine gave me this as the first match:

     * An *idea* that *might* put Debian on top (?)
       (debian-user/2001/debian-user-200106)

That's
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2001/debian-user-200106/msg03268.html

Maybe the search engine ignores sender names, I'm not sure, it's possible.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.