Re: Debconf translation statistics

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 09:47:02PM +0100, peter karlsson wrote:
> I must protest against the classification of "errors" in the Debconf
> templates. Two of my packages are listed there for
> "translated-fields-in-master-templates", which is a bogus warning.
>
> I keep my Swedish translation in the main file since I do that
> translation myself. It is a lot easier to handle that than to copy them
> to a separate file.

It's not that hard:
   debconf-getlang sv templates templates.sv > templates.sv.new && mv templates.sv.new templates.sv
and check templates.sv

> Also, since it is the most commonly reported "error" on the page, I
> think that more maintainers do it the same way as I do.

I for myself believe that maintainers keep translations in a single file
because they do not know how to manage them, this is why I wrote
   http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/templates/hints

For instance could you have a look at http://bugs.debian.org/134626
and tell me why my translation has been put into master templates file?
(there is nothing personal against binutils' maintainer, this is just an
example)

> At least it should not be reported if there also are translations in other
> files, since that would indicate that the one in the master template are
> translations done by the maintainer.

Okay, I will try to implement it.

Denis