Re: new front page, take 2

On 4 Feb 2002, Rob Bradford wrote:

> * Definitely put the tab left aligned for the quick links, not centred.
Agreed.

> * You sure you want lower case for "quick links" all the others are
> upper case.
Should be upper case, IMHO.

> * Boxes on the same level the same height, e.g. Install and Upgrade
Surely.

> * Maybe put News and Help Debian side byside.
Seems reasonable, because the items seldomly reach half of the line.

> Just some minor little fixes, looks nice :))
On general yes.  As Joey I do not like the yellow on black tabs.  Why not
using white on blue as in the main navigation bar images?  I like pages
with less colors.

By the way:  Perhaps you discussed it on this list some time before
(i just joined some weeks ago) and if this remark potentionally restarts
a flame war just forget it:
I really like the nevigation at the left side.  So I would prefer the
current layout but with the "Quick Links" as column on the left.

Just my 2¢.

By the way "Debian uses the Linux kernel" will be not correct in the
future and may be we just mention this even now.

Kind regards

         Andreas.