Re: Proposal for the redesign of www.debian.org/doc/

You wrote:
> Users don't know they are looking for a "HOW-TO" if they are new.  They
> are thinking "How do I get my sound card working?".

I read your message a few times and at first tried to agree with that
sentiment, but after reading it again, I can't. Debian isn't a distribution
for _complete_ newbies, never was, most likely never will be. With the
current /doc/ page, we require people to read on a couple of paragraphs in
order to grasp the way the documentation is organized; after they figure it
out, finding the Sound HOWTO is easy. Is that really so much to ask?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.

(sorry for the bad mail threading, I lost a few recent messages on -www and
had to use copy&paste)