Re: Availability of changelogs at packages.debian.org?

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 11:16:16AM +0100, Sebastian Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If I'm mailing about this to the wrong mailing list/persons please redirect
> me appropriately (couldn't find any better addresses at www.debian.org).
>
> I was just visiting the nasm package page at packages.debian.org.
> I wanted to check the changelog (both the changelog.Debian and/or the
> authors changelog), but there is no way to do this unfortunately. This may
> require to much data, but could possibly be easy to implement...?

If you don't mind downloading the source package (at the bottom of the
page ending with .tgz), the changelog is inside. Most source packages
have a debian folder with the debian changelog inside.

If you're talking about checking it _before_ downloading, I agree that
might be a nice enhancement, maybe just the first 100 lines or
something. Also a link to the README would be cool. But I think some
of these things are hard to do considering that the archives are
mirrored all over the world.

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |      Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com      |
|   `-    |            May the Source be with you                |