Transliteration of Cyrillic (was: Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by peterk: webwml/swedish/international Russian.wml)

Josip Rodin:

> The y sounds suspicious...

According to the Swedish transliteration standard, this is the
transliteration for the character that in the Unicode standard is
called "Cyrillic letter yeru" (the one between the hard and the soft
sign). I ran the Russian page through my transliteration table that I
use(d) when Russian people in Fidonet post to international echos, and
I wrote that with the help of a person who is a professional
translator.

Note that the Scandinavian transliteration standard differs from the
English, which differs from the German, and the French, and the
Yugoslavian, and so on.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html