Re: Odd error when bookmarking www.debian.org in IE 5.5 and 6.0

* Craig Small <csmall@eye-net.com.au> [2001-11-13 09:14]:
> You're right!  What is that thing?  It looks very strange indeed.
> Perhaps it is the new Debian logo and no-one told us :)

 Are you refering to the problem that is described in
<http://bugs.debian.org/117050>?  I think it's exactly this and I still
sugguest to produce a favicon.ico file which includes both a 16x16 image
(the one it includes already) and aditionally a 32x32 image.  I haven't
found any tools that can produce multipart .ico images within linux,
maybe somone else can help to do such a thing.

 For the meantime it would maybe be better to convert our favicon.ico
from 16x16 to 32x32 to please the IE users.  There was one point where I
noticed a problem with having only a 32x32 icon in the file but I can't
really remember currently.  Ah yes, I cleverly documented that in the
bugreport ;)  I personally think it's better to stick currently with
32x32 favicon.ico for it produces less problems.

 Any volunteers for it?  You can produce it both with kiconedit and
gnome-iconedit, IIRC.

 HTH,
Alfie
--
Hallo, ich bin 100% NeuUser mit Linux 7.2 Pro
                -- Andreas Marienfeld in "Re: Problem mit KDE-Taskleiste"