Odd error when bookmarking www.debian.org in IE 5.5 and 6.0

There seems to be a very odd error when www.debian.org is bookmarked under
Internet Explorer versions 5.5 and 6.0.

Internet Explorer supports little icons next to websites in the favorites
menu.  Go to www.useit.com and bookmark the site and you'll see a little
red and black NN logo in the favorites menu and on the URL bar.  When
www.debian.org is bookmarked a black icon with green and white squiggles
(for lack of the better description) appears in those places.  It looks
really sloppy.

While this might be a bug in IE, I have verified it on two different
machines and two different versions of IE.  I re-tested www.useit.com on
both machines ant it worked fine.  I think it would be great for
a little swirl to appear their instead, but I suspect that would go
against Debian tradition of maximum browser independence.  Does anybody
know why this might be happening?

-Jeff