Re: PPC Port pages: dynamic "supported model list" and poll

Hi James

> On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 12:10:44AM +0200, Andreas Wüst wrote:
>>
>> I am heading to this list due to a recent discussion held on
>> debian-powerpc, which developed into a debian-www discussion.
>>
>> To make it (relatively) short: The page (sitting on the debian-powerpc port
>> pages) which lists the supported models is quite outdated by now. Well, you
>> say, ok,
>
> The port pages are maintained by someone from the port. This makes sense
> as most, if not all, of the web people use x86 machines.
>
> So, if you the powerpc pages updated, I suggest you get someone on board to
> keep them up to date. :)

Aaahh??? Well, there are actually efforts to build an up to date list (c.f.
Chris), but the question is if it would possible to set up a list like the one
I provided within my last post. Something release independent.

And the second task is if it would be affordable to set up the poll/survey to
get feedback from newbies and know about the latest machines.

It's not a problem to build an up to date model list (like the one already
sits on the pages), but to set up something new.

And I don't know if this wouldn't interfere with debian-www policy and
things...

Thankful for any input!

--
Kind regards,