Re: Where is the mailing list archive?

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 10:00:52PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:

> >> http://db.geocrawler.com/lists/3/Debian-Linux and then "win32"
> >
> >Is there a reason why the archive is here?
> I don't known.
> Maybe can the people at debian-www@lists.d.o tell the historic reason.

Better ask the listmasters. We merely archive what they give us :o)

> >If Debian is willing to host the mailing list, it is odd for them
> >to refuse to host the archive too.  Having to go to another host
> >for the archive is unintuitive for a new contributor.
> You are right, so I checked http://lists.debian.org/completeindex.html
> I was suprised to see that there is an archive since this month
>  ( http://lists.debian.org/debian-win32/2001/debian-win32-200111/ )

Recently the list was renamed from win32 to debian-win32, I guess the
archiving for it was somehow enabled for it at that time.

> >Is there any plans to move it?
> Another polite question/request to debian-www@l.d.o.
>
> IMHO this year ( 2001 ) will be enough.
>
> 1999 and 2001 together are only 116 messages,
> OTH these should also in the scoop of the debian search engine.

It's no problem to put it in the lists.debian.org archive, except that we
don't have the mbox files for it :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.