Re: Translating "Debian Weekly News"

On 07 Jun 2001 00:24:29 +0300
Tommi Vainikainen <thv+debian@iki.fi> wrote:

> Currently "Debian Weekly News" appears in title of every page under
> News/weekly in it's original english form.  Is it decided that it is
> proper name and shouldn't be translated, or would it be possible to
> translate that?  Here is a patch which I think would make it
> possible.  So what do you think?

We (the portuguese translators) used to translate it, but have come
to a consensus that there are many other magazines/publications that
are easy to translate to portuguese but that shouldn't be, so we'll
be changing back to english.

--
 _ _  _| _  _  | _   . _ | _  carlos.debian.net   Debian-BR Project
(_(_|| |(_)_)  |(_|\/|(_)|(_| uin#: 981913 (icq)  debian-br.sf.net

Linux: the choice of a GNU generation - Registered Linux User #103594