Re: new front page, take 1

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Josip Rodin wrote:

> http://joy.gkvk.hr/newfront/

I never really liked the /devel layout, so I can't say I dig this:

1. It's messy; different sized (width, height) boxes, with different amount
   of text.

2. It's bad coding; it is using <table> for layout, the headings (like "What
   is Debian") is not a <h> tag, which disables Opera's heading-navigation
   (W/S).

3. There's too many different colours (white on blue on red, yellow on black
   on light-blue, black on white on light-blue, etc.)

4. There's no good reading order (should I go top-down or left-right)?

5. It's multi-column. I size my browser to fit as much text on a line as I
   can read. I really, *really*, REALLY hate it when pages try to force
   their own column widths on me. I can take a navbar on either side with
   text that re-flows (like the old one), but I don't like this approach.

But it's good that you throw some ideas around.

--
\\//
peter - peter@softwolves.pp.se