Re: translation of packages.debian.org

On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 10:45:28PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> At Tue, 25 Dec 2001 07:18:11 +0100,
> Michael Bramer wrote:
>
> > 2.) I put a _test_ page of packages.debian.org with support of
> >     translated package description on
> >       http://ddtp.debian.org/packages.debian.org
> >     can we add something like that on packages.debian.org?
> >
> >     (On the real page we shouldn't add a own form per language. We
> >     should add a new 'Language' tag on the form. For this we must change
> >     the cgi and add a new option 'lang=XX_XX', but I don't know phyton.)
>
> Interesting.  I hope the language is chosen using content negotiation.
> Is it possible?  If the page will have 'Language' tag, it should have

yes.

We can use
  Languge:
  <SELECT NAME="lang">
    <OPTION VALUE="en">English</OPTION>
    <OPTION VALUE="de">German</OPTION>
    <OPTION VALUE="ja" SELECTED>Japanes</OPTION>
  </SELECT>
in the form. (this on the index.ja.html, on index.de.html is Geman 'SELECTED',
...)

> a choice of 'auto'.  I also hope the web page for each package to have
> language links like www.debian.org/index.html .

Yes, we can use page names like
	http://packages.debian.org/stable/graphics/aview.en.html
	http://packages.debian.org/stable/graphics/aview.de.html
	http://packages.debian.org/stable/graphics/aview.ja.html

Who is the webmaster of p.d.o ?

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
Earth is flat,  pigs can fly, and nuclear power is safe.  (Greenpeace)