Re: MS-IE6 gpf when viewing Debian web pages

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 08:46:53PM -0600, A Kerr wrote:
> While viewing any Debian web page with the multi-language links at the
> bottom, when my MS-IE6 browser tries to render the portion of the page
> showing links to other languages i.e. "This page is also available in
> the following languages:", I get a "IEXPLORE caused a general protection
> fault in module <unknown> at 0000:0001f929".
>
> Are you able to recode your pages to work round this (presumably MS-IE)
> issue?

I'm afraid not, because those are the right character codes according to
the standard (IIRC).

I used all sorts of Internet Explorers to view the pages, up to version 6,
and haven't noticed such a problem. Nobody else reported it, either, so it
is quite likely that the bug is specific to your machine's IE. You should
try to reinstall it, or something like that.

>   I'll forward a similar message to MS if I can find a support
> e-mail address for them that I don't have to pay for.  (I've checked the
> web and cannot locate this message on any web pages).

Yeah, that tends to be a problem with such products.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.