Re: [oferk@oren.co.il: debian]

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:49:31PM +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:

>     To make it easier for CD vendors to provide a high quality
>     disk we provide Official CD images for them.
>
> simply because he's not a vendor. (Even /I/ only followed it after
> searching elsewhere for a long time when I first downloaded Debian
> CDs.) There should be something like

When we first started distributing the iso images, we had a problem with
people downloading them when that is not what they wanted. Thus, the
wording above. Also, since bandwidth is donated, we need to be careful
that we don't exceed the good will of our sponsors.

With the new (well it's existed for a few years now) set of pages on
cdimage.d.o that preface the download page maybe the first item isn't a
concern. The issue of bandwidth should be looked into, though, before
we make the links more obvious.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org