Re: New version of /intl/l10n/ pages

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 12:55:49PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 10:45:23AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> >
> > I have rewritten the whole machinery, but moving to the new one will of course
> > break wml build, and some care must be taken.
> > Here is my proposition for a smooth upgrade, I'll do it tonight (i.e. in ~ 12
> > hours) if nobody objects:
> >   a) Patch webwml/*/international/Makefile to remove l10n from the list of
> >      sub-directories to prevent any wml build under /intl/l10n/
> >   b) Commit new version of webwml/english/international/l10n/* files
> >   c) Remove old stuff
> >   d) Sync translations (this has to be done because the database file has
> >      slightly changed)
> >   e) In few days, allow build of webwml/*/international/l10n/ again
> >
> What should be done about translations that don't get updated at step d?

The remove_stale.pl script does nothing under international/l10n, so it is
safe to perform (c) and wait for (d); old files are available as long as they
are not overwritten (which also means that old files will have to be manually
removed if paths change).
So we could go through steps (d)-(e) on a per language basis, i.e. only
up-to-date */intl/l10n/ pages are built again.
As /intl/l10n/ is only translated into 4 languages, this should occur quite
quickly.

> Otherwise, no objections here.

Right, let's go :)

Denis