Re: Help with crypto FA:FAQ

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 02:22:29PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> [Please CC me on replies]
>
> Hi.  As the developers on the list know already, we're working on
> policy to put crypto in main.  I'm writing a FAQq on this.
>
> First, I would like  to  confirm that I can get support from
> debian-www to  put the FAQ on the Debian website once ready and
> public.

	No problem, it could be added to the DDP CVS and published under
http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp with links from http://www.debian.org/devel/

> Second I have a few questions.  What format should the FAQ be in?
> Currently it's plain text but I don't really want to write in raw HTML
> (insufficient abstraction/logical structure).  Do we have some sort of
> template we've used for FAQs in the past?

	Preferably debiandocsgml, install the package. You can find other
FAQs available (sgml source) using the DDP CVS server (check out pages
above).

> Also, as more of the crypto documents get ready, I'd like to work with
> you to allocate   URLs for permanent copies of the documents that the
> FAQ will reference.

	They would be of similar to
	http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/XXXX (development version compiled
out of CVS)
	or
	http://www.debian.org/doc/XXX/ (released version)

	Javi

Ps: BTW Why is not the Perl policy (linked from
http://www.debian.org/devel/) available in the DDP CVS??