Re: intro/about

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 08:34:23AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> I basically fixed a few glaring errors, such as implying that bandwidth was
> free or that one would download using only FTP.
>
> The page didn't seem to be thought out 100% -- it seemed organized towards
> newbies, yet it was talking about architectures. It looks like a FAQ, but it
> recommends reading another FAQ, which in turn contains a lot of this stuff
> already. These things aren't overly logical :)

The page is intentionally biased for newbies. If someone already knows
what Debian is about, they wouldn't be reading it. :)

Every site should include information that covers the 5 W's (and one
H): who, what, where, when, why and how. It doesn't need a lot of
detail, but should give be inclusive and point to where more detailed
information can be found. It is to be expected that information will
be duplicated. The introduction will do exactly that, introduce. The
pages it links will give more detailed explanations.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org