Re: Joy with CVS....

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 12:21:51PM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:
> Mart van de Wege:
>
> > 1. Is there a way to get the necessary files out of cvs without getting
> > the whole site out of CVS?
>
> $ cvs --help co
> [...]
>         -l      Local directory only, not recursive
> [...]
> $ cvs co -l webwml
>
> Hmm, perhaps that should be on the web page.

It is.

> > 2. Alternatively, could I just delete all the directories with different
> > languages and only keep dutch and english and the toplevel files?
>
> Yes, but they might re-appear if you do a complete update. I always do
>
> $ cvs up -l .
> $ cvs up -d english swedish
>
> to upgrade the parts relevant to me (even if I do have the rest checked
> out as well).

That sounds like a good method for me too. I have a full checkout of
webwml, but I'll only fully update it in case I need to do some mass
changes wrt to my translation, probably.

--
 _ _  _| _  _  | _   . _ | _  http://laviola.org  Debian-BR Project
(_(_|| |(_)_)  |(_|\/|(_)|(_| uin#: 981913 (icq)  debian-br.sf.net

Linux: the choice of a GNU generation - Registered Linux User #103594