Re: http://lists.debian.org/ list index split up

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 09:42:24PM -0400, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > The index on http://lists.debian.org/ has been split up in subcategories,
> > and stuff.
> >
> > A lot of people wanted this, hope you're happy now :)
> So far, I like it.
> Before this, I didn't realise that there were so many mailing lists
> for the linux standards base.  I was intrigued, so I clicked through
> the archives of "lcs-eng".  Guess what: the last legitimate message
> was sent in about October 1998, but there are three more years of spam
> archived for all to see!
> Perhaps inactive lists such as this can be retired?

I agree, but it's the listmaster scripts that deliver mail to the archives,
they should retire it.

If you'd be so kind to submit a bug report on listarchives with the dates
when the lists you noticed were dead became dead, and I'll remove the spam
archives, and then reassign the bug to lists.debian.org.

     2. That which causes joy or happiness.