Re: closing </p> tags

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001, Josip Rodin wrote:
> You do commits just for that and you die. (c) someone, can't remember :)

 O.k., so not even between the update cylcles (so the page won't be run
a second time)?  Well, you got more experience with this, and I think I
understand the problems/dislikes there.  On the other hand, if I find
typos in the english version, shouldn't I update them, too?  Of course I
still won't make commits just for adding the </p>, but if it goes with
typo-fixing.  Or I might annoy the maintainer of the english pages
(whoever that might be - hints welcome ;) - it's not on
/devel/website/translation_coordinators

> There are a few million ways to annoy translators, but changing a lot of
> formatting in the original is one of the worst. (Believe me, I've both done
> it and suffered from it :)

 Alright - as said above you might be correct.  But it annoys me when I
see stupid formating that seems to lack the basic html knowledge.  It
*hurts*  (and I'm not really talking about missing </p> currently).

> Well, it looks to me like something that can be inserted automatically, and
> in fact browsers already do it.

 It's not always obvious where a paragraph should be closed.  Like - can
a <hX> be in a paragraph and so on.  It should help the browser too to
render it better and faster, I guess.

> So while everybody will agree to this in principle I don't see how
> you'll get people who aren't used to doing it to do it. :)

 I might be going to send thosepeople that update english pages without
adding them a mail for each file.  Feel free to be annoyed, maybe the
one or the other gives in and adds the tags the next time ;)

 So long,
Alfie
--
 You never learn anything  |   /"""""\                   ,'~~.
   by doing it right.      |  / chaos \  alfie.ist.org   |o ?~\