Re: closing </p> tags

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 09:21:35AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  I was wondering about what I read recently about adding closing </p>
> tags.  I personally think that it is a really good idea and am doing on
> pages that I update.  I can do this (and will) for the english originals
> when I need to update the pages

You do commits just for that and you die. (c) someone, can't remember :)

There are a few million ways to annoy translators, but changing a lot of
formatting in the original is one of the worst. (Believe me, I've both done
it and suffered from it :)

> - but it would make more sense to me if the people updating the english
> pages add them theirself.
>
>  So please, pretty please, if you update english pages could you kindly
> add the closing </p> tags wherever they are needed (and not only on the
> lines you do the update for).  We will need them in the future and it is
> better if we add them today during our usual updates than when we need
> to do all of them when we change, no?

Well, it looks to me like something that can be inserted automatically, and
in fact browsers already do it. So while everybody will agree to this in
principle I don't see how you'll get people who aren't used to doing it to
do it. :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.