[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: New Makefile in i18n/l10n broken (was: webwml failed)

Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 02:52:28PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > make[3]: Entering directory `/org/www.debian.org/webwml/korean/international/l10n'
> > > test -d ../../../../debian.org/international/l10n || mkdir -m g+w -p ../../../../debian.org/international/l10n
> > > wml -q -D CUR_YEAR=2001 -o UNDEFuKO:po-af.ko.html@g+w   -D TEAM=af team-po.wml
> > > ** WML:Error: input file `team-po.wml' not found
> > > make[3]: *** [po-af.ko.html] Error 1
> > 
> > This was introduced by most recent changes to Makefile.  Please fix it
> > or revert these changes.
> No, I see no evidence that it was introduced by most recent changes. It is
> instead quite likely that the makefile was broken in the first place by the
> Koreans not translating the team-po.wml file (and friends), but it just
> didn't show for some reason.

I noticed a while ago that several translations had index.wml translated,
but no other files.  Given that other files won't have worked well with
translations before I fixed them, that's fine.  Still there is not much
to translate in the other files, so it's questionable how useful it is
to translate them.  Anyway, it should be fine to only translate the index.wml

However, the most recent change to Makefile(s) apparently introduced
some strange dependency to team-po*something.

I haven't verified it yet, but I assume that this is the offending

+# $(ENGLISHDIR)/international/l10n/data/langs is generated by
+# $(ENGLISHDIR)/international/l10n/makefile
+LANGS_TMPL := $(shell grep 'templates:' $(ENGLISHDIR)/international/l10n/data/langs|sed 's/templates://')
+LANGS_PO   := $(shell grep 'po:'        $(ENGLISHDIR)/international/l10n/data/langs|sed 's/po://')
+LANGS_ALL  := $(shell grep 'all:'       $(ENGLISHDIR)/international/l10n/data/langs|sed 's/all://')
+HTML_PO   := $(foreach lang,$(LANGS_PO)  ,po-$(lang).$(LANGUAGE).html)
+HTML_TMPL := $(foreach lang,$(LANGS_TMPL),templates-$(lang).$(LANGUAGE).html)
+all:: $(HTML_PO) $(HTML_TMPL)

a) LANG_PO is read from the english dir
b) HTML_PO is created as a result of this
c) all depends on them, blatantly ignoring local files (or their absense)

> Man, do I have to do everything here... :P

If you break it, you ought to fix it as well, that's the rule.



This is Linux Country.  On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.

Reply to: