Re: About Makefiles

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 01:42:42PM +0200, David Martinez CSIC RedIRIS wrote:
> 	I have one question. May I copy directly the english Makefiles *even* if I
> don't have any of the specified SUBDIRS? I mean:
>
> ender@snuggle:~/debian/paginas/webwml/english/devel$ cat Makefile
> # This Makefile should need no changes from webwml/english/devel/Makefile
> # Please send a message to debian-www if you need to modify anything
> # so the problem can be fixed.
>
> WMLBASE=..
> CUR_DIR=devel
> SUBS=website debian-jr join misc wnpp

[snip]
> 	I don't have debian-jr, but I don't want to be guilty if the wml build
> stops... 0:-)

I suggest the value of SUBS not be changed. If a subdir does not
exist, everything works properly. BUT, if a subdir exists, it should
contain a Makefile or it will cause an error in the build.

This is explained in devel/website/translating. You have read that,
haven't you? :)

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org