/devel/debian-jr/ problems with l10n

Hi,

it has come to my attention that:

 1. $(ENGLISHDIR)/devel/debian-jr/packaged.data
    $(ENGLISHDIR)/devel/debian-jr/packaged-non-free.data
    are included and don't use slices

 2. If I just copy these files into the german/ directory I cannot
    simply add the translation-check header, I guess.

James Treacy added:

  Generally, .data files have been used to seperate data from
  text. Data is generally independent of translation and can be
  updated without bothering translators

This is not the case here.

I can think about two solutions:

 a) the .data files get incorporated into the .wml file, where they
    belong and will be under the "control" of translation-check as
    well.

 b) Data inside of .data files are going to be modified for i18n
    efforts.  I'm not sure how to do that, not sure if slices would
    work out of the box, since I have only seen them in connection
    with <define-tag>

Regards,

	Joey

--
Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.