Re: Miscelanea pages (for developers)

On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 05:56:20PM +0200, Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a wrote:

> 	I thought that maybe adding an OTHERFILES definition like this:
> change the Make.common from
> install:: $(HTMLDESTFILES) $(IMGDESTFILES)
> install:: $(HTMLDESTFILES) $(IMGDESTFILES) $(OTHERDESTFILES)
>
> at the end add:
> $(OTHERDESTFILES):
>         cp $(@F) $(HTMLDIR)
>

> 	That way we could add in any local Makefile a 'OTHERDESTFILES'
> variable which would install any files that are not recognised by the
> Makefile but we *do* want to install *just* in this directory (tex files,
> for one :)

I don't see this as being much easier than simply using something like the
following to a Makefile whenever it is needed.

ifeq ($(LANGUAGE),en)
install::
	install -m664  $(HTMLDIR)
endif

In most cases the ifeq ... endif is needed so that the file is installed only
from the english dir. Otherwise there is an error.

In the case of this .tex file, people may want to translate it to their own
language. We should come up with something to allow this.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org