Re: New Debian Website License [LAST CHANCE]

On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 12:12:03PM +0100, Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona wrote:

> 	I find the following clause troublesome (section v):
>
> "1.If you are distributing Open Publication works on hardcopy or
> CD-ROM, you provide email notification to
> the authors of your intent to redistribute at least thirty days before
> your manuscript or media freeze, to give
> the authors time to provide updated documents. This notification
> should describe modifications, if any, made to the document."

I think it was intended for this clause to be nonbinding "requested and
strongly recommended" - but not required.  I think it's a good
recommendation. But you're right - it's not always possible to meet this
term with ease (or at all) and that's why it's best left as a
recommendation, not a requirement.

--
Brian Ristuccia
brianr@osiris.978.org