Volunteer for Debian Events Section Maintainer

Greetings,

I just saw the "help wanted" message on the debian-project mailing
list, and I would like to help maintaining and coordinating the Debian
Events web section.  I am not currently subscribed to the debian-www
mailing list, and the archive on www.debian.org does not list any new
messages after February 12, so I do not know whether you have already
found someone for the job or not.  Well, either way, now you people
have one more choice -- me.

I am currently an undergraduate CS junior, and I have learned HTML
back in the highschool days.  I know a little bit Perl and have no
experience in wml, but picking up both should not be a big problem.
I am not a native English speaker, but I believe my language skills
should not present a problem for this task.  Also I am currently not
a Debian maintainer, and I am not sure whether that will be a problem
or not.

Okay, now I have told my part of the story... can somebody provide
more details on what this offer is all about?  Please CC all messages
back to me, as I am not subscribed to the list yet and the archive
is not quite up-to-date.

Thanks in advance,

-- Chuan-kai Lin