Re: "New Maintainers Corner" at the main Debian Page

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 05:29:40PM +0000, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> No problem. I wasn't necessarily expecting you to do any actual
> construction on the web pages. At least not without close coordination
> with the web page maintainers. I'm sure that they will be willing to let
> you do some of the production work, as long as you coordinate your efforts
> with those responsible for the work.
>
> I had seen your job to be more of a liason between the needs of the AM
> team and the parties responsible for maintaining the web pages. It is a
> very nice added bonus that you are willing to do some of the actual setup
> work involved as well. I simply caution you to make sure you have the
> cooperation of the web page maintainer before you "barge" in and start
> changing things ;-)

For the record, I am on the web team :)  I didn't volunteer for this job because
of time constraints.  From the -www side, I would have looked for someone to
handle it.  We can easily set you up with cvs access to the web archive.. and
the appropriate directory... and the web team is avery helpful bunch.