Re: Compuclick Ltda - Debian Vendor Page

[cc'ed to legal too]

Jordi said:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 05:49:07PM +1100, Craig Small wrote:
> > COMPUCLICK IS AUTHORIZED MANUFACTURER OF THE OFFICIAL CD OF DEBIAN AND BY
> > EACH CD THAT YOU BUY TO US YOU CONTRIBUTE TO AUTOMATICAMENTE A DOLAR TO
> > ALL PROJECTS DEBIAN/GNU BY INTERVAL OF FOUNDATION SPI
> >
> > Two things:
> > I'm not too sure about the "authorized" part, but that may be the
> > translation (Any other webmasters able to help here?)
>
> If your doubt regards "author" (of a book, whatever) or permission, it's
> permission. If I'm saying nonsense, I'll bury myself in the backyard ;)
> Oh, maybe you are trying to say that they don't need permission from Debian
> to sell official CD's?

We don't authorize anyone to do anything.  I was just concerned that
having authorized there may make people think we have some sort of
special relationship with the vendor (over and above merely pumping
out an ISO image) and we endorse them.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/     <csmall@eye-net.com.au>